Saturday, May 11, 2013

Dressed to Inspire

I had a big presentation in one of my networking groups where I had to inspire and motivate the group. It wasn't supposed to be about my business but since we just had Earth Day the week before, my head was filled with all sorts of information about being green and eco-friendly with clothing. So, I took those facts and tried to see if I could inspire everyone that they can make a difference with clothing. I got them thinking differently about where and how their clothes are made. Even simple things like shopping local and made in the USA does huge things to help the economy and the environment. Of course, I also shared how horrible the cotton industry is for our environment, other textile alternatives and how you can be chemical free by buying clothing made in the USA. I think it went over pretty well! 

I wanted a really great outfit for this presentation and tried something different which I really liked. I wore a belt! I had bought this belt when I first started with kikaPaprika because someone suggested having different belts might be handy for my customers when they try on clothes. After 9 months, I finally wore it and really liked it! It was also a bit chilly that day so I threw on some leggings. What do you think of it? 
Daphne in Black (custom color) ~ $85
Alice in Cocoa (custom color) ~ $99
Capri Leggings in Black (signature color) ~ $56

Yes, it has pockets!

Daphne in Black (custom color) ~ $85
Alice in Cocoa (custom color) ~ $99
Capri Leggings in Black (signature color) ~ $56
Back view

3 comments:

  1. This is a fabulous outfit and the belt and leggings really bring it all together! Love that you stepped out of your comfort zone and wore the belt - it makes the outfit, I think!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it with that belt. I always pair the 'alice' dress with different belts. I get now why you wore the leggings. Love the color combination.
    Daphne.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you so much Ruth! Maybe I should wear more belts???

    ReplyDelete

Your comment will be reviewed before it is posted to my blog. Thank you!