Monday, March 24, 2014

Closet Spring Cleaning Tips

It is that time of year and I have tackled many other spots in my home but the closet should be my next project. I searched for some tips online and liked these the best. Do you have a favorite tip to share? 
Time to clean your closet!


I say first ... Turn on some upbeat music to get you in the mood!

Second ... Find a friend to help you. This isn't always possible but it sure helps to have someone who can be objective about the items in your closet. 

Third ... Decide on a charity (or several) to donate your clothing to. Having a destination in mind for your old clothes makes it easier to part with things. Find places that will take business items that are still in good shape. Find women's shelters. Find organizations that will take old holiday dresses or other formal wear. Find some consignment shops in your area and earn a little money. 

Fourth ... Sort everything into three piles. "Keep", "Maybe" and "Donate". Ask yourself ... Do I love it? Is it flattering? Is it the image I want to project? If not? Toss it! 

Fifth ... Use the same hangers for everything! I love those flocked hangers because they don't take up too much space and stuff doesn't slide off of them. I found mine really inexpensively at Costco.

Sixth ... Group things by sleeve length, jackets, dresses, pants, etc. Then sort them by color (it just looks nicer) or you can put the items you wear the most in the easiest to reach spot in your closet.  


Check out these links for more great tips!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comment will be reviewed before it is posted to my blog. Thank you!