Friday, April 4, 2014

Skinny Girl Sparkling Cucumber Lemonade

I taste tested this recipe last week and it was a big hit. I kind of modified a few other recipes to make my own. I didn't measure so you might want to adjust it according to your own tastes. I know I had to add a little more sweetener when I first made it. I just really don't like the taste of artificial sweeteners and the recipes I found called for Crystal Light (yuck) so that really threw off my water/lemonade ratio. Anyway, I will make it again and if you want to schedule your own kika trunk show, I will make up a pitcher and bring it with me! 
Monica's Skinny Girl Sparkling Lemonade
No fancy party glass here ... just fancy plastic!
Simply Lemonade
This is the lemonade I used because I drink it all the time. It has that fresh squeezed taste and I am too lazy to make my own lemonade. It certainly tastes better than that horrible Crystal Light!
Skinny Girl Cucumber Vodka
Maybe there are other cucumber vodkas out there but this was the one called for in the recipe and I really like it. It is not sweet like some flavored vodkas can be and smells and tastes like a cucumber!
Blentec blender
Ok, one more note ... I didn't chill my cucumber vodka before I made this drink so I just used my blender to quickly chill and blend the lemonade and vodka together. This may have been the reason why I needed to add more sweetener to it because I added the ice?
Monica's Skinny Girl Sparkling Cucumber Lemonade

INGREDIENTS
DIRECTIONS
  • Combine the vodka, lemonade, ice, lemon juice and sweetener in the blender. 
  • Pulse until ice is pulverized and well blended. 
  • You can either top it off with the club soda or pour it into each glass separately. Don't blend the club soda! 
  • Garnish the pitcher with sliced cucumbers and lemon wheels or add to each cup individually.
  • DRINK and ENJOY!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comment will be reviewed before it is posted to my blog. Thank you!